Thursday, November 04, 2010

Some Excellent Posts

Hi;

In the course of thinking about the limitations of logic and mathematics I've read many posts.

Here are three that seem to me to pull a lot of things together:

"The Vagueness Paradox" - A post by Terence Tao that brings together a lot of stuff (in combination with a couple of Wikipedia articles - see the next two links.)

"Tarski's Undefinability Theorem" - A link to this page is in the post by Tao.

"Diagonal lemma" - A link to this page is in the Tarski article.

I said in some post quite a while ago that I thought things could be sorted out by carefully thinking about how it all fits together. Well that is indeed the case as illustrated by these posts and articles. Here is a link to my thoughts about a "A Gödelian Puzzle".

No comments:

Post a Comment