Sunday, December 12, 2010

Back In The Northern Hemisphere

This morning the temperature was 40F and I walked out to the street to pick up the newspaper I could feel the the damp cool fog around me ... The ground was wet with yesterdays almost 0.20 inches of rain. The feeling was wonderful!

I did enjoy my two weeks on the Tropic of Capricorn (São Paulo, Brazil). Since it is very near the solstice, the sun was almost vertical, the small shadow that was cast around noon fooled you into thinking that south was north and north was south.

My hotel window looked out to the south but each morning when I woke up I instantly identified it as north. This was my first trip to to the Southern Hemisphere. And I did suffer from "Northern Hemisphere Bias".

It is good to be back on the "top-half of the planet" (top-half: If you think of the rotation of the earth and its motion around the sun using the 'Right-Hand-Rule').



No comments:

Post a Comment