Friday, May 13, 2011

Thank You Dear Sister



Awwww.... (See Pictures Below)

Thank you for the sweet birthday card ...
At some time on Sunday 15 May 2,011 CE 

I will have completed 64 years of my life ...

And you and I will be twins for the next 9 days ...
And then you will have completed SIXTY-FIVE years of your life ...
(sorry could not resist)

But don't worry I'll be there next year this time ...
And to close:

When I get older losing my hair, (Already DONE!)

Many years from now, (Or not :-()
Will you still be sending me a valentine (My favorite sister almost always sends)
Birthday greetings bottle of wine? (Got the birthday greeting :o)

If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door,
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, (Easter lunch :o)
When I'm sixty-four?


oo oo oo oo oo oo oo oooo
You'll be older too, (ah ah ah ah ah) (65 to be exact)
And if you say the word,
I could stay with you.

I could be handy mending a fuse
When your lights have gone.

You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday mornings go for a ride. (American Tobacco Trail!!!!!)

Doing the garden, digging the weeds, (That would be you, sister)
Who could ask for more? (Really!)
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four?

Every summer we can rent a cottage (I'll commute from MHC to EI on my bike)
In the Isle of Wight, if it's not too dear (oh my!)

We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee
Vera, Chuck, and Dave (and Rachel)


Send me a postcard, drop me a line, (got it this afternoon --- and it was SUPER!)
Stating point of view.
Indicate precisely what you mean to say
Yours sincerely, Wasting Away. (NO WAY!!!! I swam 1,825 yards this AM)

Give me your answer, fill in a form

Mine for evermore (I Love you, my dear sister!)
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,

When I'm sixty-four? (Sure looks like it to me!)

Whoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment