Saturday, September 01, 2012

Bike Rides (Labor Day Weekend)

SUNDAY - I did 50K!  Left Fisher Street and rode to 24th Street then headed over the AB Bridge and turned right.  I was spinning all the way to Indian Beach where I turned around and rode right back to Fort Macon.  Then back to the AB Bridge and straight to Fisher Street and home.  A very simple ride and the wind was almost nonexistent so I was able to spin right along.

SATURDAY - I did the ride I wanted: Down Bay Street to 20th. Out 20th to Blair Farms. Around Blair Farms to Country Club. On Country Club to the High School, and greenway. Back up the Greenway to the hospital. Cross Arendell onto the UNC Marine Sciences area then over to the Crystal Coast Tourist center boat launch and onto Evans Street. Evens Street to the Atlantic Beach Bridge. Cross the bridge, turn right and onto the NC Aquarium.
The NC Aquarium makes a nice turn around location because they have water fountains will cold good water to fill up water bottles.
Back out to NC58 toward Atlantic Beach. If I had continued on to Fort Macon and turned around I would have done 50K. But at the causeway I turned left and went back over the bridge. Onto Evans Street and down all the way to the Port Authority and then cross back over to Fisher Street and back home.


DATE DISTANCE TIME KPH MAX-KPH
SAT 01 SEP 2012 46.77 02:14:40 20.8 50.5
SUN 02 SEP 2012 52.44 02:22:17 22.1 51.8

No comments:

Post a Comment