Sunday, September 18, 2011

2011 MS150 Cycling Tour

National MS Society Eastern NC Chapter 2011 MS150 Cycling Tour
(My 14th Year In A Row)
To My Dear Contributors;

With your help I am now only $20.00 away from going over the top in my fund raising goal for this year's  ride!!!  


THANK YOU!


Here are the details of the ride this year:


SATURDAYSUNDAYITEM          (UNITS)
5:15:353:36:36time          (hh:mm:ss)
119:4679.19distance      (km)
22.721.9average speed (kph)
44.747.1maximum speed (kph)


I wanted to go 240 km (150 miles) but only did a total of 200 km (the 75 mile on Saturday and the 50 mile on Sunday) in order to get back to Raleigh Sunday night to catch a flight out to a site for my work.  I got back last Friday night and am finally getting a chance to write this up.


Friday night and Saturday night I did camp, here is a post about Tenting in Union Point Park.  Because I forgot my air mattress I did have a bit of a 'hard-nights-sleep' but once on the road Saturday morning felt fine.  I got in with a few high speed pace lines (high speed for me) and enjoyed myself.  Also I saw my my old friend from when I first joined the computer industry, Gary Rohlke!  


When I got back on Saturday I also realized that "I did not know where my towel was!"  So it was off to Wall-Mart for a camping towel and one of those thin self inflating camping pads.  My night's sleep on Saturday night was much more restful (not only for the pad but also riding 75 miles that day in five hours).


Sunday was a beautiful day and I packed up the car before leaving on the tour and completed the 50 miles by around 1pm, a bit slower than Saturday but not much.  I was relaxing in the tent near the finish line and saw Blanch Dean the team captain of the MSFits and we had a good visit.


Then it was off to the car to collect my new camping towel and get a shower and head back over to the convention center for some lunch then back to Raleigh.  I got all my bike and gear stowed on and in the car and thought, "What the heck." I got in the car, went down the street and gassed up at the BP station got a big diet MtDew and a bottle of water and headed to Raleigh.


The weekend went very well, my 'seat' was not as tuff as it should be this year and I did pay for it this past week as I felt that my you know what was in a sling all week :o) 


I'll edit this post and add a link to some more pictures as I get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment